high idle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
the high idle is bad. it has not happened in a long while but now it is back. i have replced the idle air control vavle, the erg vavle, the pvc vavle, the erg regular. so what do you thing it might be or how to fix it. i may try to clean the idle air control avale again. i also had slugglish take off on thrusday.

thanks

hdt

well i replace the tps and it is gone for now. but when i hit the gas and let go of the gas, it does have a delay hopefully that is just the ecu learning the new part.

ok just drove it this morning and notice that it takes a second or so for the transmition to shift up or down. what can i do to fix this? help please. i was trying to fix this beofre i left for a month out to sea to leave the wife a good back up t hers but not right now. i have less than 24 hrs. :angry: :banghead:

thanks

hdt

USN

The ecu does not need to learn a new tps as the tps minimum position is learned every time the ignition is cycled. Being that you put in a new tps and now have a new sympton I would suggest that you look a little closer and make sure that the tps was installed, if not done properly the tps can be installed so the throttle does not contact the sensor arm and therefore does not move when the throttle is applied which would definetely cause a shifting issue.

ok i found out what was wrong and fixed it. i bought one from advance auto that said four door sporttrac not the one for a two door. found out the one for the sporttrac is listed as two door. so that was the problem the whole time.

thanks

hdt

no it list in the computer a 2dr and a 4dr sporttrac

Shouldnt be any diferent. If it bolted up and the connector fit.

If you dont line up the direction of rotation it will break it.

well it did matter with mine the first one i put on was a gray color and did not match the factory one i took off. even after adjusting the volts to rad right i was still having problems. the idle was down a little but the shift was bad. as soon as i put on the one that i had now which was listed for a two door right color and everything it worked great no problems i even didn`t have to mest with the volts everything was right on.

thanks

hdt

Latest posts