hid need]

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piere Decaire

Reaction score
hey there ! just installed a set of hids on my sport trac and yes i do have drl ! they wont work ! the lights wont lite up on auto or on manual on / off mode ! the only thing that happens is that the high beam light is on at all times ! dunno what to do ! is there a fuse to be pulled !

nah if i plug direct to the batt theyl light up threw a relay ! its like the truck feels it doesnt have bulbs and doesnt send any power to the ballast !! its weird ! i heard i had to desable the DRL's

What year is your ST?

I have them on my 2007 ST, at first they did work but gave the "Check Headlight Bulb" message, and sometimes flickers because during DRL mode it pulsates to extend the life of the bulb. It can be fixed by adding a load resistor or a DRL/Flicker/Bulb Check Canceller inline with the HID.

I have the Dual Hi/Low kit using the H13-3 telescopic type bulb which came with the relay harness switches and flicker/bulb error "DRL Canceller"! Now it works great!

http://www.hidstores.com/store/image.php?object_type=product&image_id=203

When I installed mines I needed to call dealer since the plug needed to be reversed to make them work. I bought mines from e bay and guy explained quickly and I was able to fix the issue.

Can you check with your supplier?

Jose

hey ! wich wires were needed to be switched ? just wondering ! are you guys running a relay setup that cnnects to the 2 ballasts and re-wire the low beam directly ? let me know !