HID kit prolem.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
got my 10K kits for both the headlights and fog lights. i got them in and had to run relays for all four. so i used the hot wire for low beams to trigger the relays. no big deal but now on my dash its says check right and left headlamps. is there a way to trick the vehicle into thinking there are regular bulbs? anyone else have this issue. or is there a way to turn off that feature so it doesnt flash that while im driving?

Wiring manual is at work. Can't help 'til Monday. Just push reset a couple times 'til then.

Thanks,

ill await your awesome knowledeg as i have tried shunt resistors and regular resistors as well. hope im just using the wrong value.

Ok so i ordered some 6 ohm 50 watt current hogging resistors from Mouser. They should be here in a couple of days. Its the same thing people are using when that swap the turn signal from a bulb to an LED. Ebay sells them but with our account with mouser i got em even cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260209374157

Ok i got the resistors in and installed them on the truck, They get super hot so i ground down the metal and used some thermal paste to help transfer heat to the chasis of the vehicle. I was able to get away with using three.....

One connected to the front left driver low beam (for some reason it took care of the error message for both.

One on each high beam.

i also wired the low and high beam wires together but used two diode to prevent back feeding so that way incase the high beam was hit or i wanted to flash people while at a four way stop i would with out all my lights turning off (single bulb no high beam)

I probably could have used two and two relays but oh well!! Everything worked like a champ.