HID Headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
I am fixing to buy a pair of 6000k HID headlights.

any tips or recommendations i should be aware of.

i read the project on installing them and seems simple.

i currently have some 6000k xenon/krypton gas filled bulbs.

i like the look of them. they are superbright, have that white/blue hue to them.

they look very elegant but they just dont light up the road well enough

Look into the new 55watt HID kits that are available. They will give off more Lumens than the 35 watt bulbs, won't trip the sensor for the "check L/R headlight" message in the dash and usually come with the thin digital ballasts that are required to run them. Last I checked, www.retrosolutions.com had the best kit available, however they are currently out of stock. 6000k is the whitest light you can get, I preffer the 8000k bulbs for that slight blue tint, it offers better contrast at night. These bulbs will be insanely bright, but the Bi-Xenon kit will give you the proper hieght cut-off to pass inspection and will illuminate your way better. Bob

good luck with not getting flashed on the road the 1st gen headlight housings suck for bi-xenon the beam pattern is terrible. if you dont use your brights i would just get regular bulb not the bi-xenon the beam pattern is more like a regular bulb. just my thought and what i have experienced

i bought mine from ddm tuning check them out

ddmtuning.com i got mine for $50 got 35w 5000k

[Broken External Image]:

off

[Broken External Image]:

on

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
im deff stickin with 35w 6000k

hey paul. how long have you had yours on for. quality of them?

shockproof? waterproof?

im thinkin about the slim HID ballast kit.

which one do you have?

i 've had the kits for 2 months now, no problems, i have both the raptor and the slims , the slims are easier to install "plug and play" , i really like the quality of the kit, the wiring , the ballasts seems well done, other places sell their kit for $100 (ddm)

thats what im looking for: the plug and play. which basically most are like that but i prefer the ones with the socket that inserts to your headlight harness instead of the pins that some come with. i want the slim but dont like that ac adapter looking thing that they come with. originally i was gonna get the xentec kit but im also interested in these as well.

Latest posts