HID headlight swap/ SCT tuner upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
I just installed an HID kit on the Trac and what a difference!! The local truck shop talked me onto a kit from Germany, VR HID Digital package.(no address on the box) An absolute upgrade for anybody, I'll never use the high beams again!! Takes about an half hour to install the digital ballasts after that, everything just plugs in the existing harness. Simple.

Torrie McP sent me what I needed, ten minutes later went for a ride and was impressed how it woke up the 4.6. Its been a few days now and the trannie appears to be doing some relearning. Although the shifting still kinda trips over itself, it has gotten better. Why did I wait so long?? :banana:

I've been MIA for a while but does this mean tuners are finally tuning the 4.6 and the Tranny or just the 4.6?

Bob C,

I just installed an HID kit on the Trac and what a difference!! The local truck shop talked me onto a kit from Germany, VR HID Digital package.(no address on the box) An absolute upgrade for anybody, I'll never use the high beams again!! Takes about an half hour to install the digital ballasts after that, everything just plugs in the existing harness. Simple.

How is the light cutoff? I have been thinking about doing this to mine but am a little sketchy due to the housing being so big i was worried about the light scattering. I have HIDS on my other vehicles but they have projector housings and all I have to say that HID is definetely the way to go. As far as using your high beams, unless you got a bixenon kit your high beams are now non functional. Also make sure you shut off your auto lamps if you have them, they just wear out the hids too fast from turning on and off every time you get under a bridge for a split second.

Latest posts