Hi there

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well, I guess I should say hello and introduce myself.
This is my second Sport Trac. I previously had a 2008 Limited. I put over 400,000 kms on it and was still going strong. In 2014 I traded it in for a 2014 F150 FX4. I always liked the Sport Trac and regretted selling it. Now 2023, decided it was time to go back to the Sport Trac. I spent several months looking for an 08-10, V8, AWD Adrenalin. Found a nice 2009, higher mileage (that doesn't bother me), but clean and solid. A rarity here in Canada, especially Ontario. Most of them are rotted out, road salt is a killer. So, I flew to Saskatchewan and drove home my new to me, Red Sport Trac Adrenalin. Currently dumping a bunch of money into it to bring it back to everything it should be. All fuids changed, a couple of suspension components, and front brakes. 2 sets of OE rims being powder coated (matching summer and winter), 2 sets of new rubber. Some minor body work (deal with some minor bubbling in the rockers and cab corners before it's a real problem) and fresh paint. Then oil sprayed annually. New audio system, head unit (JVC), speakers (Hertz Mille legend, components front, coaxial rear), amps (old school series vii Hifonics/RF for sub) and sub (8" kicker comp rt in stock location) Adding built-in 120v inverter (something I have in all of my vehicles, very handy,. One outlet in cab, one in the bed on place of the existing 12v). Adding K&N CAI, custom full dual exhaust (cats back, both outlets in stock location). Possibly a chip, (research needs to be done on this one). Or, I might take it to my tuner and have it Dyno tuned, TBD. Also ordered a bed cap for it, I need the extra space.
Anyways, I love being back in the Sport Trac. I remember why I liked driving it so much.
I will post pictures when she's done.

Well, I guess I should say hello and introduce myself.
This is my second Sport Trac. I previously had a 2008 Limited. I put over 400,000 kms on it and was still going strong. In 2014 I traded it in for a 2014 F150 FX4. I always liked the Sport Trac and regretted selling it. Now 2023, decided it was time to go back to the Sport Trac. I spent several months looking for an 08-10, V8, AWD Adrenalin. Found a nice 2009, higher mileage (that doesn't bother me), but clean and solid. A rarity here in Canada, especially Ontario. Most of them are rotted out, road salt is a killer. So, I flew to Saskatchewan and drove home my new to me, Red Sport Trac Adrenalin. Currently dumping a bunch of money into it to bring it back to everything it should be. All fuids changed, a couple of suspension components, and front brakes. 2 sets of OE rims being powder coated (matching summer and winter), 2 sets of new rubber. Some minor body work (deal with some minor bubbling in the rockers and cab corners before it's a real problem) and fresh paint. Then oil sprayed annually. New audio system, head unit (JVC), speakers (Hertz Mille legend, components front, coaxial rear), amps (old school series vii Hifonics/RF for sub) and sub (8" kicker comp rt in stock location) Adding built-in 120v inverter (something I have in all of my vehicles, very handy,. One outlet in cab, one in the bed on place of the existing 12v). Adding K&N CAI, custom full dual exhaust (cats back, both outlets in stock location). Possibly a chip, (research needs to be done on this one). Or, I might take it to my tuner and have it Dyno tuned, TBD. Also ordered a bed cap for it, I need the extra space.
Anyways, I love being back in the Sport Trac. I remember why I liked driving it so much.
I will post pictures when she's done.
Wow, that's quite a list. You're going to have a pretty sweet truck when you're done. Care to share some pics?

Welcome!
Don’t mess around with “chips”. That era has long since past(and mostly a waste of money). If you’re going to tune the truck, go with Torrie at Unleashed tuning. He’s done many many many sport tracs/explorers, from stock to highly modified. 👍🏼

Welcome!
Don’t mess around with “chips”. That era has long since past(and mostly a waste of money). If you’re going to tune the truck, go with Torrie at Unleashed tuning. He’s done many many many sport tracs/explorers, from stock to highly modified. 👍🏼
I agree. Chips were popular in the 2000s, but a retune is better.

Thanks for the input.

I have been doing some research and keep coming up with Torrie's name. Both here, and other places.
So I will probably go that route when I am ready.

I am familiar with custom tuning, I also have a 2010 Subaru Forester XT, Dyno tuned at 360whp/402wtrq. My sleeper, Covid car.
I don't want to get that carried away with the Trac. Just a little more than what it's got.............. (I think I might have said something like that about the Forester when I got started on it.)

Pictures will come as things get done.
Lots of different parts on order, rims being powder coated, time to do it, and time to make money to do it, all come into play.
Cap is ordered (painfully expensive), should be in mid July.
Time at the body/paint are booked for the last week of July. She'll look like new.

My goal is to have my list completed by the end of August.
Depends allot on work. And, we are primary care givers for senior parents. So no time lines are guaranteed in our world.
I also need to get my F150 sold, that will free up a bunch of resources.

Helpful input from other owners is always welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!

I’ve said that with almost all my vehicles.
It never sticks, ever 🤣

Torrie does great work, not to mention one of the few left for these trucks. Certainly wouldn’t have supercharged the truck had he not been tuning this platform. He tuned my old focus st years back(which was a headache due to a hybrid big turbo-that no one else could sort out, as well as he did), and I knew going in the truck was in good hands.

Latest posts