Hertz Mustang Shelby commercial - dial-up beware!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
Now, we really don't condone our customers driving like this.... (835k download)

I have no idea if this commercial is actually airing or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid IT dept! :lol: I'll have to wait till I get home to see it.

That's pretty cool. The next time I go to San Francisco I'm going to rent one of those and do the Bullitt thing!

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be real happy when I peel out of rental row.

Wonder what all the extra required insurance will be.

Just think of how high those babies will go on the Barrett-Jackson auction when Hertz is done with them...

Hell, the just the rights to buy the first 2007 Shelby GT500 went for $600,000 at a B-J auction in January. The proceeds benefitted Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation.

Carroll Shelby is The Man. At 83, he is the oldest living double-transplant recipient, and can still handle a car like the Ford GT, GT500, or a Cobra just as well as in his bib-overall racin' days!:cool:

2007 Shelby GT500 Sold at Barrett Jackson

The winning bidder paid $600,000 for the rights to the first '07 Shelby GT500 plus an 8% bidders fee. That's $648,000 folks, oh and don't forget the tax! The one thing that wasn't made clear is whether the winning bid includes the price of the car. I'm almost certain it doesn't. Add in the price of the car, and you're well over $700K. BTW 100% of the winning bid went to Carroll Shelby's Childrens Foundation.

A matching MAC toolbox was included with the car. If you check out the fifth picture down at the link below you'll see a guy pointing to somebody. That is one of the last two bidders, a guy (name unknown) who was made famous last year when he bidded over $3,000,000 for a buick concept car. He an another unknown bidder went back and fourth until the $600K bid was placed and this guy gave up.

/quote]

From what I hear, the cars will see very limited use (if any) as a rental car and will be sold to dealerships who will then resell them to the public. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 350H going for more then the 500 coupe.

Latest posts