Here We Go Again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to return the trail camera today that took most of my photos in this thread. It quit working about one month ago. I was hoping the problem was just that the internal battery had lost it's charge but after having it hooked up to my desktop through a USB cable for two days it still wouldn't turn on.

The camera is a Spypoint Solar which means the internal lithium ion battery is charged by a small solar panel on the top of the camera. Good idea but not sure about the reliability.

Other brands that I have had usually lasted at least a couple of seasons but I doubt any of them have taken as many photos as this one has (12,810 to be exact) in the six months I have used it. It also takes higher resolution photos (12MP) than any of my previous trail cameras.

I got this one in June of last year and it has a one year warranty.

Spypoint Solar took it back to fix or replace? Some pretty good customer service there. Pretty refreshing to hear. Did they start dropping horns in your area yet?

I pulled my camera the other day, I was happy to see a 75% white fawn made it through the season. She is on my hit list for next year, she was tiny this year. I would LOVE to get the whole deer done.

Are you getting to the game show out in Harrisburg this year? I really enjoy the show, I take a day off from work and head out. A great day.

CHRIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I contacted them via their website and they gave me an RMA number and the address to send the camera to. I was a little surprised to find out that they are a French company. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. There's a reason why there are no French cars sold here anymore...

Anyway, don't you know its bad luck to shoot white deer? LOL.

When is the Harrisburg show? I went to the Cleveland outdoor show a time or two but that was years ago. I was a little turned off by all the Canadian outfitters trying to get me to sign up for a trip. It reminded me too much of walking through the old red light district in Pittsburgh. Not that I ever did that mind you.:grin:

Yea, I agree - time will tell though! I am interested in hearing the outcome.

You are not the only one to tell me that, something to think about haha! I will post a big of the deer over the next few days.

It's 10 days, runs through February 12th. It's the biggest sportsmen show in the country. It is awesome. Not just hunting either, its everything outdoors. They have every product and manufacturer imaginable there, 1000s of guides, RVs, trucks, hunting/fishing/camping outfitters -- truly great. It's the entire Farm Show complex and well worth the trip. I would highly recommend it, you will spend about 6 hours there. At least I always do haha.

Speaking of white deer, my nephew has a deer farm near Austin in Potter County. Here is a pic of two of his white bucks. They are not albinos, as you can see they have black eyes and noses. I took this photo last year on Labor Day weekend.

60534cf194f64cf79d84326249838c0c.jpg

I received the replacement trail camera from Spypoint today. Not sure if they tried to repair the old one or not. Based on the inspection report that came with the new one they apparently tested it before sending it out. The inspection report includes columns for both cameras. There are columns labeled "Defective Unit" and "Replacement Unit". Since none of the test items are checked off as either "Passed" or "Failed" for the old one my guess is they never even bothered to test it.

55e34a0277a5bf98ed0266c5a0208706.jpg

Latest posts