Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Ok......So last year i got into a wreck.( If you look in my profile i took pics of what my truck looked like) I payed an auto shop 2 grand to fix it and they did, then yesterday i took off my cladding and bumper, because i decided i want to paint them black.........When i took off my bumper i saw that a piece on the left hand side was missing and i was pissed to say the least, that explians why my bumper sags a bit..........but how do i fix that in the most inexpensive way because i am a college student( OSU COWBOYS!!!!)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And yeah its dirty cause i do like to mud alot:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go back to the shop and demand satisfaction. They didn't properly fix it and that piece goes to the integrity of the bumper, ie safety. If they say no, I'm sure a lawyer would love to hear from you.

Not going to be any help here but I knew from the sec I saw the bumper you were from OK. Red dirt and all...Hope you find an easy answer. Mine would involve a salvage yard and a welder.

Good to see you're at least posting. The rest of OK, MO & TX is running for higher ground. Just got a call from the Lake Texoma resort I have reserved bi-yearly for stripper fishing canceling me out for next week. All boat ramps and campsites are closed. All marinas are heading for higher ground and the lake is expected to spill sometime tonight.

Anyway, I'm in ICT and am feeling the $.30 rise in gas at the pump over night due to the Coffeyville refinery flood. Miniscule compared to those running from the water though.

Good luck and stay dry...

It also looks like your tailgate and drivers side rear fender don't line up straight. I would also go back to that shop and give them hell. That is unacceptable.

If that doesn't get you anywhere contact Coastiejoe and he will be able to help you locate a wrecker with the parts you need near you.

If you paid for a repair, then you should have no issues. As noted above, this is a SAFETY issue. When you use the word SAFETY it will be a red flag. You mention the safety concerns and that you have spoke to your insurance company. Tell them that the insurance company asked you to speaker to the repairer before they get involved as it will more than likely involve a lawyer...

And, I agree, thighs do not look square in the back. Something is not right as far as your tailgate and what not.

I agree with the others. That is a piss poor job. If they give you a hassle, get the insurance involved. (if they were the ones who paid) Someone there at the shop was cutting corners and took the money from the insurance company (or you) and kept the extra left over. Give 'em hell.:angry:

stonemiser,

You made a funny... "cutting corners", get it!?!?

Seriously, contact the body shop and tell them to fix it right, whether or not they gave you

a guarantee, since a bumper is M.V.S.S. (Mototr Vehicle Safety Standard) equipment, and if

they don't, you'll contact N.H.T.S.A. and your states Attorney's General Office to file a

complaint.

TnB...

Latest posts