HELP!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Poorman

Reaction score
My brake lights have seemed to stop working. The rear blinkers work as they should and the tailights work as they should. The high stop brake light on the cab works as it should. I don't have the owner's manual or a shop manual to see even which fuse to check. I need to drive this vehicle to work tomorrow. Any help would be awesome.

Turn signal switch. The high mount brake light doesn't go through the turn signal switch... that's why it still works.

The turn signals work as the should though thats what puzzles me. I swapped fuses and ruled that out. Would the turn signals work like normal if it was the turn signal switch?

Wiring harness plug running to the turn signal switch. Tilt the steering wheel all the way up and see if the brake lights work then. If not, it may be worth removing the trim around the wheel and investigation the wires that way. A search for "wiring to multiswitch" should turn up some descriptions. When the wheel is tilted down, the wires pull out of wiring connector going to said switch.

That did the trick...I totally forgot about the short wiring harness last night. This morning I read the post before I left for work at 5:30 am and it totally made sense because we took a road trip to the St. Louis Science Center yesterday and I tilted the steering wheel all the way down to get extra comfortable on the highway. I tilted the steering wheel back up to my normal notch when leaving this morning and everything works. Thanks for the help guys...this site is awesome. Thats why I proudly display my site decals on my ST!