help with tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullivan VanWay

Reaction score
I was looking around the site for the largest tire you can put on an '07 without a lift and I found the largest tire size in the FAQ but heres the question. Is that size for an '07+ or the first gen? and if not what is the largest for an '07? Thanks

Somebody answered that question a few days ago in another thread. Search through the threads for "tire" for the past 30 days and see what you can find.

I dont know to much about tire size, would a 265/65/17 be about the same as that for a 265/65/18 , or would that tire be different diamater? I have 17's on my gen 2 and dont really want to upgrade to the 18.

Here is a site that will tell you what size tires are in inches.

Also will tell you what your speedo will be once you put those tires on.

Good luck

edit: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.htmlt:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the one who answered Sal-V's other post. I have BFG All-Terrain TA's in 265/65/18 on the stock Limited wheels. At 20,000 miles they still have about 3/4 of the tread left with very even wear patterns. As a matter of fact, I just finished rotating them about an hour ago.

Be careful about generalizing tire sizes. I have found the same "size" tire from even the same manufacturer but in a different model may not be the same diameter. When I replaced the original 225/60/16 Goodyear Gatorbacks on my 89 Thunderbird SC with the same size tire from Dunlop, which is a Goodyear brand, they were an inch smaller in diameter. I had to swap the speedo drive gear for one with a different number of teeth. The speedometer was off by about 10%. :blink:

Latest posts