Help with puter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
No sqwat about puters.

How do I empty the cache and clear cookies

have AOL and a dell windows XP home edition puter.

Thx

Clear the AOL Web Page Storage Cache

You can store Web pages you view on the AOL service on your computer. This makes for faster Web browsing but takes up space and can result in your Web pages going out of date.

To clear the AOL Web page storage cache using AOL 9.0 Optimized:

1. On the AOL toolbar, click the Settings icon.

2. Click the Index tab.

3. Click the Internet [Web] Options link.

Notes:

* Alternatively, you can also use AOL System Information 2.0 to open the Internet Options window. To open the AOL System Information 2.0, click the Start button, click Run, type SINF, then click the OK button. On the Utilities tab in the Browser section, next to Internet Options Control Panel, click the Open button.

* AOL System Information 2.0 is also capable of clearing all footprints without the need to launch the Internet Options window.

4. In the Related Settings section, click the Internet Explorer Settings link.

5. In the Internet Options window, click the AOL Browser tab.

6. Click the Clear Storage button.

7. Click the Yes button.

8. Click the OK button.

9. Click the X button in the upper right.

Bill I assume you are using Internet Explorer for your web browser, if so click tools on the tool bar at the top then select iinternet options and you will see a section clear internet and click the settings. I doubt you want to erase your saved passwords so make sure that is unchecked also unless you feel you have some malicious cookies then make sure that is unchecked. Make sure everything else you want removed is checked and the click ok and the when it returns back to the initiial options screen click on the clear button and it will remove everything you checked.

Hope this helps, I use FireFox but they work essentially the same.

Have a blessed day,

Jim:D

if its Internet Explore 7.. after you open internet explorer.. there is a tools drop down menue on the right side of the upper tool bar.. the first selection is DELETE BROWSING HISTORY..

then it has buttons for delete cookies or history..

Better yet, download CCleaner.

Two clicks, both on the same page...you're done.

It's free and it's at the following link:

Bill Barber,

You seem to have already ran across this, but for future reference...

Expect to have to log back into any websites that have a feature for keeping you logged in for a period of time, or some type of "remember me on this computer") function, as these features/functions are typically enabled through cookies. Clear the cookies and the info goes away.

TJR

If you use the CCleaner I suggested above, you can clear your cache every day, which I do, but you can keep your cookies.

If you want to delete cookies, you can tell it which ones you want to keep.

That keeps your tracking cookies alive so you don't have to log in everywhere.

It's a great program.

Since everyone has highspeed internet now a days, I would just change the max size of the cache to 50 megs and not worry about it. I never empty mine because it is such an insignificant amount now. The cache is only there to help loading times but is pretty much worthless with highspeed internet.

People still use AOHELL?

Back up anything you need and re-format to get rid of all traces of AOL and never put anything on your puter from them again. AOL should be shot!

No joke.

AOL really do's suck, no joke, took my wife 3 mos to rid her of the AOL curse

have been on AOL for maybe 15 yrs, try to change to a diff provider, cannot do it

AOL is like a wart, it grows on you, and you cannot get rid of AOL, is like a cancer

I just live with AOL, have no other option.

have tried without success many times to get away from them.

They will not let you:(

When I got my new dell last yr, was loaded with AOL crap, hooked it up, said i did not want AOL. I want yahoo, could not do it, am still forced to be stuck with AOL.

aprivacy is also free and used it on desktop and laptop of my own and friends stuff also. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on AOL for 15 years as well.

I like it. No problems.

I have 4 computers using it for the ISP/Browser.

No problems there, either.

Latest posts