Help with Fuel Filter Please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not, took it to shop and they could not get it off and refused to mess with it. Bought filter, got home and tried it myself. Used all the tools, and would not come off. Finally said the heck with it and just started pulling the hell out of it and it came off, as well as numerous layers of skin on my hand. I had bought used with 127K and I'm guessing it was never changed, as there was literally a thick gunky seal, looked like a thick rubber gasket that held it in there. It was just dirt and carbon, etc.

I stopped at my bud's shop after lunch today to have him put a new fuel filter on because I wasn't going to deal with this crap, especially when it's raining every day and I don't have the tool. Turns out that I don't need the tool. My Gen 2 has one of the standard white Ford clips that you can pop loose with your finger on the outlet side but on the inlet side is a red clip that the top side flips off with a small flat blade screwdriver. And a plastic shield that you have to remove first.