Help with Factory MP3 CD.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Firebaugh

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my new Trac and have been reading up on it for a while now. I have made some MP3 cd's and am having problems. One cd is filled with appx. 150 mp3 files; no folders, just dumped on a cd using Direct CD. The player only plays about 12 songs from it. The other cd's are compilations of appx 3-4 albums all with their individual folders burnt with Direct CD. It plays the mp3's as if there were no folders at all. Just HOW do I burn a multi-folder cd, and how do I burn a cd with 175 mp3's?

Any help is appreciated.

jfire:unsure:

on my deck (when it was in there) i wasnt able to burn a disc with folders i was only able to burn it like you said:

just dumped on a cd using Direct CD

and it worked fine. make sure you are not burning it as a data cd and as a MP3 cd. you can tell cause when it goes to burn you will see it say writing table of contents if its the right format.

I use Nero to burn my CDs. When I burn a MP3 cd, I organize the albums in folders, burn it as a data CD and finalize the disk. I don't think Direct CD finalizes the disk, and that may be what's happening.

The Adrenalin head unit also has the option of reading the disk in folder or flat file mode. The 2007 head unit may also have that option.

Direct CD DOES finalize the disc. When it's done, it's nothing more than a disc full of MP3 files, and/or folders with files in them.

I'll have to experiment with it when I get home. Anyone got a link that explains how to do this? Thanks for the responses so far.

jfire

direct CD does data discs i believe i dont ever use that program. i use nero and i can specifically select the MP3 function and go from there.

Latest posts