Help please,,,

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
I'm not quite good enough with photoshop and I need this pic enlarged/traced/vectorized. I need to keep it a clean as I can too. All my efforts come up short. I've tried on line tracers and vector converters, Inkscape, Illustrator, PS and PS Elements,, no joy....... I "need" to find a way to make this pic at least 4-500 pixel range. Any help would be great. If not.... that's ok too.. The file is in my library.:driving:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little off but here is a quick attempt.. I used Vector Magic (free) and did the conversion, but the free version doesn't allow you to save, so I did a screen shot and put it in photoshop and cropped out the extra crap. In my library there is a psd and a jpg. Maybe you can clean it up if it's close enough..

[Broken External Image]:

LaRue,

I think JD has done about as good as it's going to get. The original drawing appears to be very roughly sketched and then digitized at a very low resolution. Once that resolution and details are lost, you cannot regain it by simply increasing the resolution or pixels...it just gets more abstract.

There are some programs that can smooth and blend some of the pixel edges, but often it tends to alter the image too much.

...Rich

Thanks Richard,,, what I'm trying to do is reproduce my locksmith certificate through PS. I have everything done but their logo. My next try is to make the cert in a smaller size, and then scan it in with a higher resolution to make it bigger. I just hate paying those guys 20$ to send me a replacement.

LaRue,

Now that you say it's a Locksmith logo, I see that the Angel character is holding a large key. I thought it was some sort of futuristic rifle...:bwahaha:

Anyway, I don't think you will have much success getting a higher resolution without the image becoming even more pix-elated and more abstract. I would agree that making the image smaller is probably the best way to handle it.

...Rich

Latest posts