HELP on Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on doing some very heavy towing with my ST loads around of 3-5 tons possible . My plan for the rear suspension is this. sway bar-RAS helpers- & possible add a leaf if necessary this should really stiffen things up. What I'm missing is shocks.

I read about the Monroe Load adjusting shocks. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or experience with these shocks? I stuck between the RSX and Load Adjusters

I really won't mind the stiffness of the ride or whatever happens. I just need to know that my ST will pull away with a heavy trailer.

All opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

John

I concur..

6,000 is over the tow rating, and also exceeds the GVWR of 9600 (truck and load), which could land you in legal issues if you crash... a ST will tow it, but it will struggle. JMHO

I had the load levelers on my '97 and they worked great on keeping the truck level when loaded or towing. But, i wasn't towing that much!

They had a pretty hard ride when unloaded so I am not going with them on my sport trac. Plus, they are only as good as the shock mounts. Which are not designed for load carrying.

You want to put 10,000lbs on the back of your trac?!!!!? What are you towing??? I don't see it happening at all unless u have a goose neck hitch... I have put my Trac through hell with towing ~~ Horses, Large Boats, Filled to the MAX Cargo Trailers... I don't know the exact weight of some of these but it wasn't 5 tons! Seems like that would rip the hitch off the back of the Trac. IMO

In good humor, you guys make me laugh with some of your replies.

I will be towing quite a bit of weight. I plan on getting into the rubbish hauling business. I think the most I would really plan on towing is 5 tons. Most loads will be 3 or under. But you have to plan for the occasional wild load, So I probably did exaggerate just by a few pounds. If things go well for me I'll get a bigger ride. I really do appreciate all the advice. I'll try to post more info as I tow heavy loads and share my experience with you all.

Thanks everyone

John

Latest posts