Help! Need your opinion on the redesign of our antique truck site.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark S 3

Reaction score
I've just redesigned the web site for the antique Ford truck club I'm in. Now, of course, I'm thinking it's starting to look pretty good, but I may be just a wee bit biased. :lol:

I'm looking for suggestions and opinions on what is there. Is it easy to get through? Is there anything seriously lacking? Does it work on your computer/browser? I'm by no means a pro web designer, so any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

The site is: <a href='http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=henryshaulers'>http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=henryshaulers</a>

Cool Site. The site looks good. I like the old Fords too, especialy the Model A. I have a 1930 Model A Tudor Sedan that I am having restored to original. So I'll have to find a Model A site one of these days.

I took a quick look. Looks good. Im not sure if it is like this when you go to it directly but when I clicked on your link, it came up in just the right side of mysportrac browser. The one thing I noticed was that I had to scroll right to see the entire page. Can be very annoying and may cause people to lose interest in checking out the site. Also remember to keep your graphics reloading to a minimum. Also annoying for those of us still in the dark ages of dial up. Hope this helps, Marsha

Thanks, much appreciated!

Marsha, I'm thinking the scrolling you were experiencing was just because it opened with the Sport Trac frame on the left. I'll check it out anyways when I get home, as I agree, its annoying when you have to scroll sideways. What resolution do you run? 800*600?

Next step is to try to convince a few of the more knowledgeable old tymers in the club to help me with a antique car restoration podcast we can add to the site :)

Mark, Sorry no clue without alot of investigation on the resolution question. Sorry. The podcast does sound interesting thou, just what do you have in mind for that. I belong to several car clubs and that just might trip there trigger too! Marsha