Help I have searched but need tire wheel advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so after searching I need some help. What is biggest tire I can go without the lift and without rubbing? Will a 265/75 fit without rubbing and the lift or am I way off?

265/75R16 will rub with out a TT lift and wheel spacers n the rear.. I dont think you can go any bigger then 265/70r16 with out some rubbing if you want none stay with the 255/70r16s stock tire is 30.1" tall 265/75s are 31.7" and 265/70s are 30.6" tall

Just a word of caution. Perhaps things have improved over the years but at one time there was no real standardization among manufacturers when it came to tire sizes, especially overall diameter. For example, when I replaced the tires on my '89 Thunderbird SC for the third time in about 2006 I had trouble finding a replacement for the OE 225/60/16 Goodyear Gatorbacks. Goodyear had stopped producing that particular tire. I found what I thought was the same size tire (225/60/16) in a Dunlop model. I thought I was good to go especially since Dunlop is a Goodyear brand. Wrong. The Dunlops were over an inch smaller in diameter which made the speedometer read much faster than actual vehicle speed plus they looked like crap because they did not fill the wheel wells properly.

A good way to verify tire diameters is to find the tire size and brand on a website like tirerack.com. Look at the spec chart to compare actual tire diameters.

Latest posts