Help, Engine Quit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bosin

Reaction score
I rescued a jeep stranded on the beach with a dead battery which I gave a jump start, on my way back home the engine suddenly quit and the starter doesn't work. All electrical is working and the battery is fine. After 12 years of ownership I have never been stranded by my Sport Trac until this year, now twice. First time was my transmission, lost reverse.

:cry:

Remove battery from car, take to Sears or Interstate and have it tested. Think your problem has something to do with the jump start you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working non stop so I haven't had time to work on it. I'm certain the battery is good. All the lights including my off road lights are coming. I'll check the fuse tomorrow after work.

I've been working non stop so I haven't had time to work on it. I'm certain the battery is good. All the lights including my off road lights are coming. I'll check the fuse tomorrow after work.

I blew 2 more fuses back to back after a trouble free day. This was after I noticed a surging idle and stepping on the throttle hard at a stop light, replaced the fuse then it blew again when I pressed the throttle to get on the road. I replaced that one and got back to my job. After work I ohmed out the PCM diode and it seemed normal, 1700 ohms forward biased and open in reverse biased as it should be. I pulled the PCM relay shook it and plugged it back in. I haven't had any trouble for a couple days and the idle is fine. I dunno but I carry a lot of 25 amp fuses now.

Just blew 4 fuses in a 15 mile round trip, fortunately I made it across the 3 mile long bridge.

:banghead:

Latest posts