HELP Adrenalin replacement radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Miller

Reaction score
HELP,

I replaced my 2005 Adrenalin head unit, the 510 watt system, with a Kenwood DDX418 head unit. I got the Metra 70-5519 harness and the sub will not work! I have spoken with tech help with the place i purchased the head unit and they said to call Metra.... Any ideas to help? I loved the sound of the factory system, with the under the seat sub, and this sucks! I am wired correctly, but the sub does not seem to run and the head unit has all turned on to play the sub.

Thanks

The sub that is behind the seat had a power line that was fed from the radio itself. By that, that is where the positive power came from. It is MUCH lower in amperage than the traditional amp.

I do not know if this is the case with the under seat amp, just bringing this up so that you know the sub is fed differently than most are.

Rich Stern, (the previous owner of this site) added a Sub to the OEM radio and did a project on it. It may help you. Look into the projects section and you will find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got some power to the factory amp used a hot wire to the remote wire per Metra, but it is really really sucky compared to the factory system and has no punch to it. Went to a stereo shop today, they guy said There is no great way to get that sub to work, other than add another amp and connect that sub to it.....think I might try this. I am really bummed as the factory adrenaline system rocked!

Thanks

Spoke with an install shop, said the Adrenaline package is unique and Metra does not have it down and it will never operate the same! Sounds like I have to add an amp for the sub and see how that goes!

Thanks

Latest posts