Heath Ledger dead at 28

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Langel

Reaction score
NEW YORK (Jan. 22) - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence, and police said drugs may have been a factor. He was 28.

Just read about this on CNN.

I wonder if this will effect Batman's release?

Last edited by a moderator:
These "tortured artists" who kill themselves kill me. With advantages that 99% of Americans don't have, this kook had to check out? Oh well, hopefully he didn't leave behind any kids.

What a waste. A very good actor (A Knight's Tale, The Patriot, Brokeback Mountain, The Dark Knight). I have enjoyed his work and was looking forward to a long, properous career from him.

Oh well...

TJR

These "tortured artists" who kill themselves kill me. With advantages that 99% of Americans don't have, this kook had to check out?

One thing I have learned. Not only from my own past. Also from working with people from all walks of life. We never know the emotional demons and sometimes the self inflicted jails, they may be in. There are more cases of drugs and alchol that have been means of escape or even purposful death, or not. Many deep emotional roots can exist in all walks of life. It is sad though sometimes society doesnt recognize it and reach out. Not that it will always help either.

Does that make three or is there still room for Britney in the pool?

Don't forget "Lords of Dogtown" too. Okay, I suppose nobody saw that but me.

Well, it's a good thing he finished filming his scenes for the new Batman movie. I believe he had the people in mind before committing the crime (Yes, suicide is a crime). Can't wait for the movie. It'll be fantastic.

By "the people", do you mean the moviegoers?

Maybe this is a sign that the performance of the Joker will be outstanding. The only truly good joker, that wasn't a farce a la Adam West Batman, was the animated one voiced by mark hamil, which says something.

Not only do I think that this guy was a pretty good actor, but anyone psychotic enough kill themselves should be able to convey the twisted sociopathic nature of the Joker quite well.

Now the only thing that could kill the movie is the out-of-place poor-looking CG motorcycle scenes in the previews, which look as corny and fake as the Mustang scenes did in I am Legend.

Lord I hope that people don't attempt to find some profound meaning in Heath's portrayal of the Joker. Yes, the Joker is a mad man, but that doesn't mean people have to be psycotic to play the part and play it well.

It's called acting. Men act as women, straight men as homosexuals and vice-versa; the able as the disabled (mentally and physically). Good actors do so well; great actors do so convincingly. Yes, all actors have to pull from inspiration to be great.

Autopsy results are still pending. We don't know yet for sure that Heath killed himself, or should say if he did so intentionally.

People kill themselves everyday. Most I would submit aren't psychotic; depressed maybe, but not having psychosis:

Sounds like it may have been accidental....

Guess we'll have to see what the autopsy says. If he had 30 pills in his system, accident is relative.

TJR,

Where are you in your comment about not caring?

Tom

There was some mention on the news last night that he had pneumonia. Only the autopsy will tell for sure. I liked his role in The Patriot.

Caymen,

If you are refering to my past, seemingly callous comments about some dead rock star, then in that situation I didn't care because as I said then, it was a life and a death that didn't affect me in the least.

Heath Ledger, on the other hand, is a star that I have come to follow and look forward to in his roles. I had a modest investment in his life, more specifically in his acting. For that, he will leave an impact and I care.

Some people die, I care, and their life and death leaves a mark. Others die and it has no baring on me. I speak the facts in both such cases.

TJR

but that doesn't mean people have to be psycotic to play the part and play it well.

But if the people playing the part are psychotic, it can't hurt when playing the role of a madman. There is no better actor than the real thing :)

"There gonna put me in the movies...they're gonna make a big star out of me....and all I've gotta do is, Act Naturally."

I didn't know he was in brokeback mountain....I'll just pretend that he wasn't, as Ulrich von Lichtenstein was a great character, which can easily blot out the mars on the record. Gabriel in the patriot wasn't bad, but he let himself get killed in a lame manner, so that role goes second.

Kevin L,

Again, I think you are confusing psychosis with depression. Depressed people often commit suicide. Psychotic people are more of a danger to others than themselves.

Also you seem to think less of a movie or a character in a movie based on how they die. I find that interesting and would welcome more insight.

Brokeback Mountain was very good. Probably Ledger's best performance.

TJR

Brokeback mountain may have been good, but I have no desire to see it, so I'll just leave that as one of those "eye of the beholder" things.

Just from negative perception--very negative--I would consider it a bad movie, and I find it interesting that bad movies of late seem to involve the main characters committing a rather pathetic crime to further the plot. Though IaL was atrocious, I would rather see Will Smith committing suicide than Heath and his too-close male friend committing aggravated sodomy.

(maybe it isn't aggravated. I am not a lawyer.)

Thanks to that movie, the highest point in my state now has a vague negative stigma as it is similarly named.

I still think I'll hold to my ignorance plea and pretend that Sir Ulrich didn't have his honour taken captive in brokeback mountain. Sounds like a good idea to me....

"All men die, but not all men truly live"...yet how a man dies is a sign as to how he lived. Dying by underestimating a guy playing possum or by killing yourself in a very uncalculated attempt to make a "last stand" indicate stupidity. Even if you fulfill the adage and "die with your boots on", if your death is from stupidity, it doesn't have any real clout to it. Dying in vain doesn't accomplish much.

(quote from Mel's Braveheart, seemed apropos)