Heated Windshield

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was going to get it when i orderer my 07, but not available with the factory nav. if it was, i think it would be a great option in the snow/ice regions

I suspect the factory Nav option uses a built in GPS antenna and those windshield heaters are notorious for interfering with GPS antennas in unit that mount on the dash.

I have it, and it works great for foggy and iced-up conditions. Usually clears up in a few minutes. However, I'm in San Jose, not back east! Good luck to you guys . . .

I wouldn't want one for the simple fact that I go through a windshield every 2-3 years up here and I suspect the replacement costs are quite a bit higher in comparison to a regular window.

I love the heated winshield. Not only does it rock in the winter (much less time needed to clear ice/snow) i've used it in the late summer/early fall especially in the evening when drastic temperature changes cause window fog. I also bought a Garmin Street Pilot c340 for work and decided to get an external antenna for it so I could use it in the trac for long trips. On a whim I hooked it up without the external antenna and turned the heated winshield on, and it worked great !!!

I was thinking along the same lines as Olaf. Anyone no the diff in price for replacement for the windshield, heated vs. unheated. Of course I guess if you have good insurance with a low deductable there would be no difference to you.

We just had to replace the rear window in my wifes cars. The shop told me that the heated rear window actually was about $40 cheaper than one withotu the built in defroster. They were as surprised as I was but they said that they checked two different suppliers and that was the case with both.

I have one and I've only had to use it so far to clear off the fog. We haven't had any ice or snow yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy this winter.

I test drove one with the heated windshield. The wires in the windshield kept messing with my eyes. My eyes kept wanting to focus on the wires instead of looking through them. By the end of the test drive, I was nauseous.

Then again, I have kinda bizarre vision. Just a thought for y'all, though.

I suspect the factory Nav option uses a built in GPS antenna and those windshield heaters are notorious for interfering with GPS antennas in unit that mount on the dash.

Radar detectors too. I need my radar detector.

I really like the heated windsheild from the few times I have driven the '07 ST in the snow and freezing rain. However, the flex hinges on the wiper blades freeze quickly so they wipers don't clear the melt from the heated windshield. I am going to have to get winter blades. Any recommendations...ANCO, NAPA, or the more expensive Michelin winter blades?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts