Heated seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Apologize if this is posted somewhere, couldnt find it. Thinking about installing heated seats. One of the few options my truck does not have. Any ideas what wiring exists already on the car? Would like to get an OEM switch, would have an upholsterer install the elements in the seats. Wondering if there is already a harness on the floor? Anybody done this? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You could get the factory switches on eBay - there is a gen2 set for $14 and the wiring is there from ford - pop out your switch covers and have a factory look without cobbling up your seats

Not sure about the seating wring but the dash wiring is there and live

I have installed the switch described above. Troy and I are emailing regarding this project which he is involved with now. I THINK the key is a new seat wiring harness for each seat must be replaced to hook into the existing wiring harness out of the floor. This wiring harness has to be specific to the 6/8/10 way seat you have. More to follow.

I just ordered a decent kit off ebay and I love it. I think I have $80 in the kit, and then $80 to have the pads installed under the leather. I did all the wiring and installation of the switches in my center console. I'll get pics when I can. Well worth it!!

Well, I hate to steal Troy's thunder, but I think this is a do-able project. He had an issue, but after the correct seat harness was received, all is well. I will let him explain the project, but I'm in.

Latest posts