Heated seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uwe Canting

Reaction score
My wife has a Tahoe that has heated seats that stay on as long as you want them. My 03ST has heated seats that turn off after a while. To keep the seats warm one has to continually hit the on button on the side of the seat. Is there a way to keep the seat heaters from turning off?

Speaking of doesn't work any ideas on a fix. 2007 driver side stoped working last winter. I assume they both run off the same fuse. Light still works on switch.

Wires look connected under seat. Would like to keep warm this winter.

When I got mine the passenger side switch light stayed on all the time. So, the seat would heat all the time until it decided to not heat. Pretty annoying. I got a new switch from Ford and it seemed to fix it.

The driver side switch would light on and off but the heat would never come. The switch may be bad there too but I don't know. I have a cousin who is the service manager at a Ford garage and he said that it could have a broken heating element in the seat. If so, it would be expensive to fix.

From what I've heard, the switches are prone to go bad on these trucks. Just the nature of the beast. :cry:

Mark

My driver side switch had gone bad on my 04. It was always on which makes for a long drive in the summer. I wired in a rocker switcht to my dash. Basically, the stock switch is still there but i can now turn the power to that switch on and off from the dash.

My original question was whether it was normal for the heated seats to turn themselves off by themselves after they had warmed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts