heated seats issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that my heated seats have a mind of their own (not hitting the switch accidentally). The light on the switch is always on but the seat only heats up at random times. I can't turn the light off by pushing the switch so I'm not sure if its just a bad switch or what. I've only had the trac for about 6 months and have only noticed it in the colder months now. When you guys turn on your heated seats are your seats continually hot until you turn the switch off or does it fluxuate in order to kind of regulate the amount of heat? My seats seem to turn on for a little bit and then turn off and then turn on a little bit later.

PS: 1st gen 2004 trac with leather heated seats.

Yeah, my '03 is not constant either... It gets hot than shuts off for a while. My guess would be a bad switch if it never shuts off. I don't think it would be too much of an expensive fix.

If i determine its just the switch where do I get the switch. I looked on the sponsor site but couldnt find just the swithc. Does anyone know the part number.