Heated seats broke

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the whole thing not working (i.e. no heat in either the seat or the back?) If so, check the switch. I had one go out on mine. Pop it out and swap it with the passenger seat switch. If the problem follows the switch to the passenger seat, the switch is bad. Then just order a new one from site sponsor Torrie.

Mine did that in the dead of winter. Both butt and back heating elements were blown. $100 for parts but it will require you to remove the seat. Search these forms for the part numbers I did post them some time ago.

thanks Big Al. I will keep that in mind. I will be hoping its just the switch! Oh, went a little snoopin, nice pics of all the Ferrari's, one day one will be mine!

I just had mine done under warranty thankfully but I can confirm you do have to remove the seat to replace. Both my seat and back elements went at the same time. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Jerry,

Just saw that your STA is a 2005. Is it still under warranty? If so, then just take it in to the dealer.

I will have to try that TrainTrac, I have never had anything go wrong with it that didn't take a swift kick, so wasn't even aware of the waranty. Thanks for the info!:banana:

Latest posts