Headlight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeVT,

Are you talking about the whole headlight assembly, or just the bulb?....My guess is that you are talking about replacement headlight assemblies.

I recently purchased a pair of one piece headlight/turn signal assemblies for my 2001 Toyota Highlander. I got into a little fender bender that damage my front bumper and cracked my driver-side headlight lens. I got an estimate for repairs and they wanted $160 for the headlight/turn signal assembly and about $20 to install and aim it.

Since both headlights were starting to get that milky lens, I purchased a matched pair of headlight/turn signal assemblies (w/new bulbs) online for only $85 with free shipping !!! The headlight assemblies arrived in about a week and they where perfect.

The body shop readjusted the earlier quote and agreed that replacing both headlights was the best option, since changing the headlight assembly requires removing or lowering the bumper cover, and that was being replaced anyway.

I looked at those headlight polishing kits and for the cost of one kit, I could nearly pay for one headlight (not on all vehicles) and I would have had to polish the passenger side headlight lens to match the new driver side headlight. It was a no-brainer...just buy two new headlights for $85 and have the body shop install them and just pay for the installation and aiming which they had to do anyway.

They fit and look like the factory originals and make the vehicle look like brand new. I would have to recommend them to anyone who wants to get rid of those old milky white lenses.

....Rich

Latest posts