Headlight and key buzzer no longer sounds

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal keiner

Reaction score
The buzzer no longer sounds when the door is open and the headlights are on or the key is in the ignition. Since it does not sound for either situation, I figure that the problem is with something common to both circuits, such as the buzzer itself, wiring going to the buzzer, or a fuse on the buzzer circiit. The problem is that the buzzer is buried behind the dash andI have not been able to figure out which wire feeds the buzzer. I also checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they are OK.

Any ideas on the cause or how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Door chime location:

The door chime location link does not seem to work. I get the below error message when I click on the link or paste it in to my browser. Can you describe where the link would goes to or what search terms you used to find it? Thanks.

------------------

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Invalid column name 'OffTopic'.

/shared/msgboard9e.asp, line 534

-----------------------------------------

The Elusive Door Chime Found by Tom R, 9/19/2003 13:07 HT Category - Interior

While swapping out my Radio bezel that the Dealer's Detailers messed up, I got a little curious as well as aggravated by the ever elusive Door Chime. After about 30 seconds of looking, I found it. It is in the Module located to the Left of the Radio.

To get access to it, Remove the Radio, Bezel, and disconnect the associated wiring. There is a screw at the top right area just under the Air Conditioner Plenum, remove it and roll the plenum down and it comes right out.

The Module to the left is held in with one screw and slides down onto two metal ridges, the screw is to the lower left of the module. Heed the Warning printed on the sticker... "Scrap if dropped more than 20cm", I don't know why that is there, I don't know what other functions this module controls yet, so if you do mess with it, be extra careful. Remove the lower left screw holding the module in place, the module slides right off and is loose. There are two tabs that hold the cover down, one on each side, press those inwards and lift the cover, you will see the Warning Chime. To quiet it down to an acceptable level, just place a small piece of tape over the 1/8" hole. I don't trust myself enough to try and solder a disconnect switch in there, that would be foolish on anybody's part unless you really, really know what you are doing. I guess disconnecting the battery would be a good idea as well.

Disclaimer, don't mess with this on just my word, you must accept all responsibility for anything that goes wrong if you do.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts