Headlamp bulb reflector install or removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
OK, I've read through a few of the lighting projects and maybe I missed what I was looking for but had no luck.... my question is; (I have an 01)

When I was wheeling in Ouray, somehow (I'll guess excessive vibration after wheeling for 6 years! :) the small reflector that goes over the bulb (inside the headlamp assembly) came off and is now rolling around in my headlamp. I am talking of the small piece that screws down and covers over the bulb when viewed from the front of the truck. I have been driving it this way for 2 weeks and surprisingly there is no perceivable loss in light output when driving in the dark. So I need to figure out the easiest way to rescrew this part down. TIA.

The easiest way and only way that I know of is to follw the project for painting your headlights.

You need to bake the headlight in the oven to heat up the adhesive and very carefully pry and open the headlight. I have along with Todd Z, have done this and it is fairly easy as long as you take your time and be patient. Below is a link for the project and it will tell what you need to do. While you are there paint them!!!

Good luck.

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts