He didn't get death

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to say why he got life vs the death penalty, however, those jurors took a significant amount of time out of their lives, heard more than we ever will, and as a group, came to the conclusion they did. That is justice, and it is a great thing. I actually think that in many ways the life sentance is a more appropriate, more severe, penalty. It's nearly impossible for the average American to understand the mindset of the muslim extremists, but I think killing him would have been a victory for them in some small way. As it is, he will be left to rot in a cell for the rest of his life. Never able to serve his cause, and never a martyr. As long as he is truely kept in solitary, and will never have any contact with the outside world, I am very happy with their decision and believe justice has been served.

Unfortunately, being the bigger man does not mean a thing to extremists.

Agree 110% Jeff. And that is exactly why we need to be "the bigger man" right now. The rest of the world, the non-extremists of the bunch, need to see that we are filled with compassion and forgiveness without, at the same time, just saying "Oh well, you screwed up". I think this somewhat sends a message that although we will try you and condemn you, legally in the eyes of the civilized world, we will not automatically drop ourselves to your level just because you wronged us in some way either perceived or real.

grump

I am not filled with compassion and forgiveness for 9/11 or any other terrorist attack ever. I will never forgive them, ever. I played golf with 3 people who were killed on 9/11 that worked for my dad's company.

I am not filled with compassion and forgiveness for 9/11 or any other terrorist attack ever. I will never forgive them, ever.

Same here! :angry:

Not saying I would either. I knew just one from the Pentagon. Just saying that as a country, for the good of the country, we need to put personal feelings aside and we need to project a particular image for the sake of world support. We can puff up our chests and strut around all day long but let's face it, if the rest of the world gets together were screwed. We have to maintain outward appearances. In part, it is that need for outward appearance that got us into Afghanistan/Iraq - the need to show the world "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!"

grump

23 hours in solitary for the rest of my life!!!!! I'd rather die... That is almost torture but hey...

Some feel he deserves it, i think it's cruel and unusual but that's my $.02 .

Cruel and Unusual? Let's see, the muslim extremist that he is a part of torture then behead their prisoners. I would say that's far worse than spending life in solitary confinement.

Last edited by a moderator:
They give him 1 hour per day - under our current laws that makes it not cruel and unusual. He needs to spend the other 23 chained in the dark, not just locked up.

grump

I'll just add, without reading above posts. Death for him is honorable. He'd be a martyr. Now, he's going to rot away, and if we're lucky, become a boytoy for 7'2" "Killa". And that, my friends, makes me happy for America.

The CNN news story I saw said he would be held in isolation for the duration of his term. Solitary confinement for life. The only thing they could do to make him more miserable is to feed him pork chops every day.

I say skin him alive, p!ss on him and then put him in a room full of broken glass and constantly show the cartoons of Muhammad. :) That would please me... and yes, call me sick!!!:lol:

hey TomT I think that he would have to get a license for the tx huntin.But if he came to the panhandle we could find some landowners that would take him out for free.

Well I like the ever popular suspend him over a freshly cut and watered bamboo patch:p

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S. John, Don't go there.....

Sends a message to all the other terrorists that they can kill Americans without fear of death for themselves. Nice going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts