HDTV Antennas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
Lots of knowledge here, and any input would be appreciated! I have Direct TV with HD, but as of yet I still don't have the local stations in HD. Does anyone have an antenna they use to receive local HD stations over the air? And how does it work, what kind.......? I don't want to waste my money taking a gamble, and instead of reading the thousands of "great" reviews on the circuit city website, I'll get real no crap input from the friendly folks on this site!

Mike,

There is no such thing as an HD antenna. This is a marketing ploy several antenna manufacturers tried using until they were called down on it. ANY over the air antenna will receive HD broadcast. Refer to WWW.antennaweb.org

I would recommend following the antennaweb.org instructions for determining what type/size of antenna you need. This web site uses your home address to determine how far away all of the TV towers are from your house and also tells you where to point the antenna. I personally have been happy with the Winegard brand of antennas. They are very durable. Check out solidsignal.com or dennysantennaservice.com

Jerry

Antennaweb is only a general guideline, some people think it is a bible.

I have a Radio Shack U75R antenna and a Radio Shack 30 dB per amp mounted inside my attic with amazing results (all 4 local HD channels and sub-channels), antennaweb says no possibility of any reception in my area.

The total price was about $35

How close to the antennas are you? I'm over 50 miles but live in a flat area.

Latest posts