HAWK Performance......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to inform people about a little problem I just found out. Went to install my HAWK Performance pads today that I got from Explorer Express. The fronts went on pretty easy, though they were a little tough to get on. The rears however, well they are the same pad, but the rose bud clip in the back pad are wrong. When you visit Explorer Express for the rear pad for the Hawks. It lists the pads to fit 01-05. Upon receiving my pads, the receipt says 95-01. I just got off the phone with EE and they said they called Hawk Inc, and they said the rose bud on the back rear pads are different. Didn't know if other had this problem or what not, but thought I'd share my info. EE said they will send me the correct pads with the proper rose bud clips. And also replied that customer service for the day had already left and would need to be handled tomorrow, on how about shipping these pads back, and also receiving the new pads. Heres a photo of what I'm talking bout on the rose bud difference.

[Broken External Image]:

A good company won't make you ship the defective part back, especially if it's their fault. At the very least the should never charge you shipping. However, I wouldn't take the time to ship something back they screwed up. Last time someone wanted the wrong part back they gave me a number to call for FedEx for them to come pick it up.

The ONLY REAR PAD FROM HAWK is the Severeduty pad, All the others don't fit, I spoke to some one at hawk for about 1 hour before I bought my Hawk pads...

Todd Z

Cool, right on. I had emailed EE before making my purchase from them, and they explained that they would fit and there wouldn't be any differences. Thats the reason I went ahead and made the purchase. I'll just have to wait to speak to customer service and see whats the fix for the deal. When I had talked to EE tech department, they had asked me if I could take a picture for them. So I did. So they can see the difference. They had told me on the phone, after speaking with Hawk, that there was some differences between the years. But its all cool. I'm sure things will work out in the best. Just thought I'd fill in others just in case.

Heck after I took the pads off. I could see I didn't really need them, but I'm like, what the heck, why not. lol

He didn't say it was defective he said it was the wrong part. And, you going to take some time to put the FedEx label on. Unless you have figured out a way for to ship it self back to the vendor.

People make mistakes. If your perfect come work for me.

Rob, I will be right there, Whats the pay???

Todd Z