Haulin' Again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Roll

Reaction score
Brought my son and his motorcycle to college on Friday. Northern NJ to Farifax VA. I bought the motorcycle attachment for the hitch (about $200 delivered) and loaded the 370 lb Suzuki 650 SVR along with a packed bed under the tourneu cover and both rear seats folded down for more crap. This is the stance as I was pulling out of my driveway.

[Broken External Image]:

Overall, it was no problem going down on Friday. Got about 20 mpg and drove with the traffic (about 70 mph). We decided to cut the trip short and returned Saturday, getting chased the entire way by hurricane Irene. We left VA about 4:00 pm (late - I know) and raced back up 95 and the NJ Turnpike. We made great time, but fought headwinds the entire way, so I only got about 17.5 mpg on the return trip. The truck handled great in the hurricane.

:driving::supercool:

Looks good...

One thing I did was to add a strap that went from the bike (I attached it at the joint where the forks attach to the bike) and ran it down to the track. This totally stopped swaying in the hitch socket. I hate noises and clunks when going down the road.

Coastiejoe, The unit came with an anti-sway yoke that fit on the bar and allowed you to tighten three bolts to the bottom of the reciever. That, along with the tight bolt (also provided) instead of the usual pin in the reciever, kept the sway to virtually nothing.

I did use four tie dows though, two on the inside front/back and two on the outside front/back. I wasn't taking any chances. :grin: