Has anyone had stuff powdercoated?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my tube steps powdercoated to help with the rust and I'm wondering if anyone out there has done that yet. I'm curious to see how much it'll cost and if it'll really help stop things from rusting. I was thinking about getting them done in white to match the truck so they'd at least look non-stock. Has anyone done something like that or have any opinions?

I looked into doing the same thing for the same reason, the shop I went too said it would cost more the a new set. they would have to be sand blasted and powder coated. he did not give me an exact price but ball parked at around $400.00

my buddie custom fabbed a front light bar for his ram and had another friend powder coat it...personally i like the look alot...some of my friends prefer shiny. is your cladding painted? if so may look a little different but probably wont be bad at all

wow $400 is ALOT!

I have had Tons of stuff for my motorcycles powdercoated, and while the pieces were alot smaller it still shouldn't be costing anything near that! Going white you will pay more. What you need to do is call around to some local coating places and ask if you can have your pieces thrown in on a larger run for a cash price. They all set up runs for their day, everything black goes at once, white, red etc etc. I did a batch of 32 pieces last fall all were gloss black, and it cost me $75. I wouldn't think that you should pay anymore then $50-75 each for the step bars.. so no more then $150 for the job. And yes they should be sand blasted ahead of time. Find a buddy that can help you out with that. Most shops have the equipment, only takes a few minutes...