Has 07 issues been resolved in 08

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Marshall

Reaction score
I have read horror stories in the 07 engine and transmissions(I think you all know what I'm referring to). Have these complaints been resolved in the 08? I have to have a new Adrenalin but don't care to be faced with the issues. Does anyone on the site have an 08 that could let me know if you have had any problems? Thanks

Gene,

I would think that engine and transmission issues will be more relevant with the Adrenalin since it will a different/new engine in a truck with that much weight.

I would think that engine and transmission issues will be more relevant with the Adrenalin since it will a different/new engine in a truck with that much weight.

Huh, where did you get info about the Adrenaline having a different/new engine? The Adrenaline is being offered with the same drivetrains that are offered in the 07/08 models.

Heard about a possible

SVT 3.5L Twin Turbo ST Adrenalin

I also heard that they will offer the V8 with mods to boost HP

to me whenever they come out with a new engine or new year, its always suggested to wait and see how they turn out before jumping in.

Sorry if I missread any articles.

I have an 08 and have had zero problems.

I have not seen anything indicating a new engine or transmission on the Adrenalin. It will have an optional AWD system which will be new though.

Jimmy, i'm fairly certain that there's someone at Ford that at least snoops around (but would not dare post) to see what's going on. But you have to realize how big companys work, they don't turn on a dime and they analyze the cost to do anything very thoroughly before they commit to changes. For example, if only 2% of the people having these issues push hard at getting them fixed (ie. being persistant at making their Ford service department resolve the problem no matter what the cost is) and the others do not then it is cheaper for Ford to not put a lot of resources into a more reliable resolution (possible mechatronix redesign). Unfortunately that just how it works which is why I am a firm believer that the "squeeky wheel always gets the most grease".

In regards to the SVT 3.5L Twin Turbo, if that was truely in the works, trust me that it would be known this close to production of the 08 Adrenalin.

Edit:

In regards to the optional AWD system, my bet is that they are referring to the same 4WD system offered on the current 07/08 ST....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Red. I'm not exactly sure where the AWD system comes from, but the Ford article indicates it is not the same 4WD system. It says it is a system exclusive to the Adrenalin.

Powertrain choices are standard 4x2 (rear-wheel drive) or optional full-time, fully automatic All-Wheel Drive (AWD) that instantly delivers traction to the wheels needing it most. AWD is an Adrenalin exclusive feature in the Sport Trac lineup.

AWD system is same as is in the Mercury mountaineer. Nothing's totally exclusive, just borrowed. The 3.5L Twin Turbo is the Twin Force V-6 slated to go into a Lincoln vehicle first. Rumor is that Ford doesn't want to upstage the launch in the Lincoln vehicle so is keeping plans to put into a an SVT ST under wraps until Detroit. We'll see.

Latest posts