hard left turn

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I did a search but found nothing, probably used the wrong terms. Lately when I pull out of my garage(I back in) turning my steering wheel all the way to the left, I hear a noise like I ran over something metallic. Today, I even backed up to make sure I wasn't missing something in the rear view mirror. There was nothing. The noise I hear is somewhere between a "clack" and a "clank". Anyone got any ideas? 2007 Ltd. v8.

Thanks,

Jim

The Lower bolts on the lower control arms up front have a way of making it out of the factory a 3/4 turn short of tight -

I had that issue and watched the Field Rep from Ford put mine on a hoist after the test drive and he fixed it wearing a suit and tie - with hand tools - never a problem again -

He said it was rare and he wasnt sure if corp created a TSB but he had seen it before -

Hope that helps - It had nothing to do with all my mods either -

Interesting info SuperCharged.. I have had a mysterious clunk up front going over curbes and other uneven turns sometimes. Gonna have to check this now..

I've had the same issue for like the past couple years and I've never done anything about it. Would you say take it the dealership or is this something that I could simply search up and do myself???? It is a kinda squeak when I hit curbs or turn hard. And I never could find out what it was.

So is this something that I can just search and find on the web or do I need to bring it to the dealership/auto shop???

Latest posts