Happy Trails

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Laake 2

Reaction score
Dear MYST.com folks,

I am not the most prolific poster to this sight, but I have been using it for the past 5 years or so. The site is great for useful ST info. Yesterday, 2/28/09,my status as a Sport Trac owner came to an end. I bought my 2001 Sport Trac new in October 2000. Yesterday I traded it in with 148,500 miles on it. I traded for a 2007 Ford F150 SCREW 4x4 with only 35,000 miles on it.

The ST is a great vehicle. My ST was on its 3rd set of tires, 3rd battery, countless oil changes, and was a problem free vehicle. I replaced a few O2 sensors, flushed the radiator a few times as well as the transmission, but as far as major problems, there were none.

My ST was a 2 wheel drive, and since we moved to NW Iowa, we definitely needed a 4x4. I didnt want to put any more money into it (it needed new ball joints and tires probably in the next 6 months or so) so we traded it off.

My tips for keeping a Sport Trac problem free:

1) Use a good Synthetic 5W- 30. I preferred Mobil 1 or Valvoline. Complete change every 8,000 miles and change the filter once in between.

2) Flush radiator once every 2 years.

3) Drain Tranny every 6 months and top off (about 5 quarts) of Merc V

So, I plan to keep visiting the site since it has always been useful, and I still do drive a Ford. But I wanted to share this since the ST was such a big part of my life for the past 8 years.

Keep on Trackin,

AL

:p

best of luck with your new ride.

know the feeling of the trac being a part of your life for years. until now, i have had 3 since 02. :D they will be remembered with passion

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear about a satisfied trac owner or X owner. Good luck with the 150..:cool:

Some tell fibs about their ownership....:p

they will be remembered with passion

:lol:;)

eddie,

even with the issues i had,overall i really enjoyed my 3 tracs, no kidding.

i moved on to something that fits my needs better :)

Latest posts