Had to put down one of our dogs last night...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Seems like I've seen a lot of these posts lately, just sad. Our dog Peanut was diagnosed with Cancer about 5 months ago, inoperable, on his brain. My sister is in pre-vet school here at Auburn, and she met with the head of the school to discuss his condition. They gave him a month after he was diagnosed, but he beat that and had a few more good happy months. The past week he has been living on codine and not eating anything. He just turned five this January.

When we got snow earlier this year

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am truly sorry to hear this. My dogs are apart of my family and when I have to do this it truly is a sad sad day. Wish you all the best.

james

It really sucks to have ot do this. I had my last two dogs live 18 years and 11 years before I had to put them down. I hate it when I have to do this. They are like your children having them that long.

jeff,

sorry to hear the news. i never understood the joy a dog could bring to the family until we adopted our guy in september.

once again, i am sorry for your lose.

I hate when I have had to do this in the past. They are like family, the sad thing is most of us have to do this more than once in our lives.

Thanks all.

My mom is taking it pretty hard. We were fostering the mother when she had the babies (she was pregnant before we got her) so we've had him since the minute he was born. It's been a rough year for our pets. Another dog died of liver failure last fall (she was 6) and two cats last summer (19 years old each, brother and sister).

I had to put down a St. Bernard back in the 70's and a West Highland White Terrier in the 80's. It was SO hard...almost too much to bear. I cried like a baby both times.

Swore off dogs for 20 years because of it.

But then in 1999 my wife talked me into a Boston Terrier. I knew she really wanted it, so I relented. She's become almost the center of our lives. She'll be 9 next month and has never been sick (knocking on wood).

I sometimes hope I go before she does. :(

I truly feel your pain and sympathize more than you know.

Sorry about your lose, is never easy, last friend we put down, we found a vet that made house calls, still not fun but alot easeier on all.

Currant Bud is 15, Blind, deaf, has bad heart problems,sleeps 20 hrs a day.

But she loves to eat, go for walks, never has any accidents in the house, I pray that she will just pass away in her sleep:(

Jeff-I am so sorry about Peanut. I really know how you feel. It's not easy but it's better than watching him suffer any longer. I wish animals could tell us how thy feel with words-maybe things would be easier. Peanut was too young which makes it worse. Jsut know he loved you & you only did what was best.

Bill B-I will keep Currant Bud in my thoughts.

I worry about my dog Abby every day. She is 11 now. She sleeps more than she used to but other than that she is in fine health according to our vet. I love her so much I don't know what I would do without her. She is my buddy, my little girl.

So sorry about your loss :(. I don't ever want that day to come for me. I never had kids, so my two dogs are my kids. I always well up when I hear of dogs getting hurt or passing. Again, sorry for your loss...

We lost our Honey (blond lab) in December 2006 due to internal bleeding. It's always sad to lose a member of your family. Our condolences to you.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We had a 12 year old Springer Spaniel until just after Thanksgiving. He developed a cough last July that became persistent. When I took him to the vet, she called me back and said he had a massive lung problem. We tried antibiotics but it was cancer instead. She initially gave him six weeks, but he managed to hold on for almost four months. We knew he was in some pain, but he was a trooper until the end. We put him down when he started to have really bad days where he just didn't want to move at all. He went from a ball of energy to obviously and terminally sick in the span of about three weeks. Our vet told us this was a very fast cancer. He got lots of love in those last few months. It was still very hard to do what had to be done though.

I am sorry, Jeff.We went thru that here for several years, Lost three dogs in five years,none made it to more than two years old._Ron

Latest posts