H/U install ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hite

Reaction score
Why does Crutchfield say I need this to install a Pioneer avic z3 nav unit is it for the amp or something different ?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RFRD1/PAC-Ford-Radio-Replacement-Interface.html?tp=3486&tab=review

Do you have the audiophile package? That is the only reason besides if you were adding an amp that I can think you might need these items.

I have never installed any audio devices into upgraded factory systems, but I would imagine some of that is required to keep the factory amp and sub working with the aftermarket headunit.

They have put together a package deal that includes all the wiring accessories including the PAC unit that allows you to use your factory steering wheel controls with the aftermarket unit. It also includes the connector for the factory sub and amp.

So does this kit have everything I need and I think if a order the h/u from them I will get the antenna adapter and the trim kit too.

Latest posts