Gustav coming and im leaving

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorge Burke 2

Reaction score
If Gustav hits New Olreans like katrina did, then Bye Bye New Orleans. Nobody not going to want to rebuild again.

THIS SUCKS!

JUST GOT A NEW JOB TO......OWELL

JoRGe be safe you and your family and friends. I hope everyone in NO and surrounding areas are safe!

My sister moved down there about 2 years ago right after Katrina hit. She works for a company called Cityear(sp?) coordinating volunteer work and whatnot. She was forced to evacuate today to Baton Rouge with a bus full of her volunteers and other employees. I spoke with her this afternoon and she said they have already bussed out the elderly, handicapped and disabled earlier this week. She also told me they are not letting anyone stay behind in the city and there will be no "Refuge of last resort" within the city like the Superdome and Conference Center. They are removing you by force if you don't want to leave. Hopefully they don't have to use to much force and people learned form the Katrina catastrophe. The news down there is predicting a strong Cat 3 possibly a Cat 4. This will be devastating if it hits the area. Guess we'll see this weekend though. Everyone down there be safe and smart.

Be safe out there. I myself only live about 50miles inland, Houston area. Also about 4miles from the Houston ship channel. That is my storm drainage point. Hope the tide is down, before the surge...:(

stay safe man! dont want any members on here just going poof!

... take the photo albums ;) other stuff can be replaced, but you cant retake the photos of memories...

I hope they don't waste anymore tax money rebuilding New Orleans like Katrina.

Move the darn place 80 miles up river. It is all sinking into the sea anyway.

I think this is going to be really bad news for those who still live in N.O. I hope everyone who lives down there gets out safely this time.

Heard on the news today that this one could drive gas up to 5 bucks a gal....just when the prices have started coming down.....sux.

I had some friends who lived in the flood zone from the last one, haven't heard from them since.....donno if they even got out safely.

THANK GO they are not sending them to Texas. Texas is still recovering from the increased crime and welfare from the Katrina people.

I do hope you and your home stay dry JoRGe.

Looking like if it hits and causes some substantial damaged, I will be coming down to join the party....

They want to prevent the looting issue they had the last time as well as the various crime issue that came with the floods..

Get the hell out of Dodge.

I think it's time to give up on New Orleans and build a New New Orleans 50 or miles north.

Latest posts