Gun and Gun Parts Sales

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Thomas

Reaction score
I was looking for a gun part at the normal sites and found that they are all sold out or are overloaded. Just like a run on toilet paper during a storm. Strange world.

This is one of the notices

Due to the current political climate the ENTIRE industry is overloaded beyond measure.

Because we have chosen not to gouge customers with high pricing during this trying time we are backed up with orders. So in an effort to get current orders processed and shipped out quickly we must introduce a $69 minimum order policy. This policy is VERY VERY temporary and will be removed as soon as possible. PLEASE bear with us during this time.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to process and ship your order.

Please DO NOT contact us for status updates on your order.

Please DO NOT contact us for status updates on your order.

Once a order is submitted, please DO NOT contact us to change your order. We need to focus on getting current orders processed and shipped so everyone can get their products in a timely manner.

Thank you for your understanding.

No surprise there at all. The Democrat party and liberals in general are the gun industry's best sales people.:fire:

If you can find what you want, you better buy it now!! Regulations are going to get extremely worse in the very near future. I have orders placed that are looking at march 20th and beyond for delivery!!!

I did the same Eddie, but as you said there were still a few things i wanted and i dont think i will be able to get them now!!

I ordered a rock river arms CAR A4 complete rifle kit minus the stripped lower receiver in July '12. I received the upper half and butt stock, but not the lower parts kit....last week. 5 months!!!

This happens every time there is one of these mass shooting incidents that gets the public's and politicians talking about more gun control laws. Right after Obama got elected the first time, there were shortages of ammo that everyone blamed on Obama....claiming he found that stopping the production of ammo was a better form of gun control? The reality was that many of the gun advocates were buying up and hoarding up all the ammo and the manufacturers could not keep up.

Just like everything else, the stupid and the greedy ruin it for everyone else..:banghead:

...Rich

I dont think its stupid and greedy at all. In time with Obama, things are going to get very hard to get because of his executive orders. People are preparing, and you cant blame them. Ammunition should recover i believe, i dont think we will be able to buy 1000 round boxes much longer though. Magazines will be limited to 10 rounds and under for new production from factory. Obama has threatened this for years and now its going to happen. Your 2nd ammendment rights are about to change!!

Jupton3,

You are letting paranoia set in...Nobody is loosing their 2nd Amendment rights. Limiting magazine size has been talked about for years, and if it does become law, it still does not mean you cannot own a gun.

I am pro-gun and I own guns so I am 100% for keeping our 2nd Amendment rights, but I don't think it extends to owning weapons with military firepower capabilities. Just like the laws that prevent citizens from owning grenades, military grade explosives, rocket launchers, etc.

People come up with the most paranoid scenarios for why then need a weapon capable of firing 20 or 30 rounds of ammo as fast as they can pull the trigger, and none of them are practical or viable unless you are living on the fringe of the great Apocalypse.

I personally would vote for a ban on assault style weapons, and a ban on large capacity magazines (be it a 10 round our 6 round limit)...or any other viable technology that will slow down the rate of fire of civilian owned weapons.

I have already gotten into a disagreement about this before, so you have heard the last from me on this subject. If you want to argue the point, you can argue with yourself. Just take a moment to think about what rational, logical, and legal real world scenario that might require you to be able to shoot 20 or 30 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger unless you were in a shoot out with another armed human?

...Rich

Just voicing my opinion, I respect everyone when it comes to that. I myself enjoy tactical machine gun shoots and competitons. Nothing to argue about Rich. Have a great night. Jim

Rich, you're so clueless it's dangerious.

If youre ok with banning a semi- auto rifle with a 10rd mag limit because it LOOKS like its full auto military brother.... You best educate yourself. There are hundreds of thousands of guns that fit the same criteria. AR15s make it into the news more simply because they are popular and there are more out there than many other types of semi- autos.

Why? Because once you learn about guns you begin to understand how versatile, easy to maintain and repair the AR platform is. It's exceptionally modular and the same lower can be mated to many different upper calibers to suit any of your firearm needs. You don't need much skill to assemble one and they don't really require much for specialized tools. This gun also has a massive aftermarket support. THAT is why people buy it. Of all semi-auto rifles it has the most to offer anyone.

Buy up now because this isn't like all the other shooing aftermaths. This one is going to sting and it will never be the same. They will make the previous ban look like a give away gun show. This is the first step towards disarming the people for future assertions of power. History proves this.

This isn't about hunting or about need.

I'm on a half-dozen waiting lists for a Sig 716 patrol rifle. There currently isn't any 7.62mm x 51mm(.308) ammo out there. But it will come back. I'll get my gun, legally, and be happy its in my collection. Curious to know what gun laws are in place in other countries? South America is riddled with them. The entire Mid-East is overloaded with 'em. There's one in every pot in the Baltic countries. And forget Africa, they could kill everyone several times over with all they've got. America isn't perfect, but its got some serious restrictions on owning any firearm. Bob

I like to imagine what it would be like if coin collectors were as paranoid and fearful as gun collectors. It would actually be fun to watch.

The 2nd amendment lets you have guns. No where do I read that it allows you to own or keep anything you want. Just as a coin collector can't own a 1933 St. Gaudens $20 gold coin, it's not the end to the hobby. They just have to settle on collecting 1943 copper pennies and silver quarters... and Winchester Pre-64 Model-70 Supergrade Featherweights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, I don't think the right to own a 1933 St. Gaudens $20 gold coin is covered by the U.S. Constitution. Richard L. I don't believe the 2nd amendment gaurrantees that our guns won't be taken away, it uses the works "infringed upon" which goes a whole lot farther than the words taken away. Simply put not just my "opinion" the federal government cannot touch our right in any way or measure. If they are allowed to they have already compromised the 2nd Amendment and that's about like the first forward motion of an olympic skier going towards the steep long ski jump, once it starts there's not going back.

Blessings to all,

Jim

Mark, I don't think the right to own a 1933 St. Gaudens $20 gold coin is covered by the U.S. Constitution.

Actually, it is. That specific coin is banned by an administrative rule and court ruling, just as automatic guns are. They're just tweaking the administrative rules, or so it seems, on banned guns and accessories, just as they are for certain coins. You can still have your Remington 870 and Glock G22, just as a coin collector can still have his 1832 half-dime and 1967 penny.

Oldtimer,

OK, but that is just your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment....Now go try and buy a few hand grenades, military grade explosives, or fully automatic weapons, and you will see that there is an "Infringement" and for a good reason. Civilians and even a resistance militia that was mentioned by Thomas Jefferson, were never given full access to unlimited arms...only that they have the right to bear arms...and your interpretation of "Infringement" differs from what most people consider the right to bear arms.

The only reason this has gone on for so long is the strong lobby group backed by the NRA.

For those who think there should be more mental screening, I agree, but just how is that going to be accomplished. What test exist that shows that a person given access to a gun will commit a crime? It's all speculation? I agree that some people who already have documented mental disorders should not be allowed to purchase or even access to any weapons, but unfortunately, that will still not resolve the problem.

So rather than scream that your rights are being violated, why not take a moment and think of a legal way to prevent weapons from getting into the hands of the mentally unstable?

...Rich

I not that I like it, but I understand not allowing full auto-matics. In many cases they arent necesary with the modern semi's.

IMO, despite not having knowledge of modern firearms. I have to believe our fore-fathers would have added a stipulation to the 2cnd admendment. Such as nonthing of military type or high capacities, etc. They would have said, hunting and such only. But they didnt. We have gone 200 years as we are just fine. I beleive they were visionaries, that went far beyond these 200yrs, and far beyond other free societies that colapsed.

It still boils down to the person. The rifle is no more than metal until it is used. Then I wonder how many weapons are in the hands of our troops that are mentaly unstable.

Many will be coming home soon. We already have seen military training excercises in some small towns. Geared toward military law on the home front. How many are nuts enough to pull the trigger on the folks that backed them. Or will some be too cowardly to tell superiors, NO. These are my Americans. I will not enslave them.

Ahh! but then again no one would have thought it would happen in europe, russia, asia, etc. Do we really know how many that believed in freedom are missing.???

For the reason our fore-fathers thoughts were protection from a tyranical government. IMO, it is a good Idea to be able to match ammo and basic arm's with the enemy, if it comes to that. You can allways raid their ammo depot........:bwahaha:

It is a historical fact, of human nature. When man cant defend himself. Tyrany and control takes over. Common people that believe in freedom become afraid to loose their life. They become complacent puppets to save their life.

I know all of this may sound as if Im a radical. I belong to no group, and Im not, and there is one member on this board in my area that knows that.

Iam one, that will give my life to see that my neighbor continues to live with the freedoms, of. Our existing Constitution and bill of rights.

If it comes to tyrany.

Thats a question to ask, in the midst of all this.?

Latest posts