Guess It Might Be Time For A New Battery...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dingo, just admit it. You didn't buy that battery because it's deep cycle, you bought it because it's blue!:rolleyes:

And if you need tape, I found some blue duct tape at WalMart!:lol:

I was going to buy a deep cycle anyway. The yellow didn't have the wingnut terminals, which I really like.

Blue was a bonus.

My died after 5 years 60000 miles. I do run PIAA lights and some other aftermarket equipment right off the battery for long periods. Motorcraft batteries have never let me down.

Not posts, ever see a wing bolt dingo? screw it in looks just like a wingnut

Am sure the conductivity is the same.

But maybe not.

wingnuts rule obviously:)

I'd skip the optima. As some are happy with them (as above) some of us have had issues. Had mine replace once and then after a year in change it needed to be recharged semi-regularly. You can do better for less money, IMO.

Stopped at O'Reilly Auto Parts and had it tested on the way home from work. Test results showed "Bad"... a dead cell. A battery shopping we will go....

Do those solar battery chargers work well? Curious because I have a car that doesn't get driven very often and just sits parked for most of the time.

Traintrac......glad to hear you got your prob solved, those dead cells can be a PITA and usuallly happen at the wrong time while away from home. I still use one of those micro basters that tests battery acid about once every six months to make sure I don't have a weak cell.

The "Solar" brand battery charger I have is awesome... It turns on when needed, and turns off when charged.

Thx.....I assume it comes with the solar panel as well. Just not sure how to get the wiring inside the car to mount the panel inside the windshield. Since mine isn't tinted, I'd just want to put the panel facing out thru the windshield since the car is parked on the street most of the time.

Oh.....so this one just hooks to the battery and keeps it charged since it's like an external battery in itself? So when the car is running, it gets recharged as well?

This would prob work for what I need.

Latest posts