Grille Removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert curley

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the grille on an 01 ST? i would like to place LED lights behind the grille for emergency response. i was able to get the top piece that lays just under the hood off but it does not give me enough room to screw the lights down or properly aim them. any help would be appreciated.:banana:

Check out this project:

<A HREF="http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/BilletGrillMod.pdf">Billet Grille Install</A>

I had an Opticom behind the grill and I just loosened the top part of the grill to mount it. No way in hell was I going to remove the entire bumper cover just to mount a light.

If I reinstall the Opticom (which I'm tempted to do once my EMS dept. reapplication is accepted), I'll connect it to the hide-away strobe tube in the driver side turn signal housing.

I have 4 Whelen TIR3's i would like t mount in the grille either all 4 on the bottom section in a line or 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top set to an X pattern.

Latest posts