GreenPeace

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Anyone see this show on Animal Planet? Anyone else angered at the so-called "good guys" as portrayed?

I don't see any difference between GreenPeace crews trying to disable/damage ships and a common criminal.

It's one thing to try to stop a ship from illegal fishing/whaling. It's another to do the same to a ship operating within its legal confines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would treat this in the same manner as the pirates in Somalia. The sea is dangerous enough without idiots making it more dangerous.

Yea, saw the trailer for that. The poor captian legally doing his job is forced to risk his crew and the lives of those around so some green nuts can stop some whale from dying.

Now, I personally don't like the whale hunting thing. But what these nuts do is only make those that want the species to survive would rather see all of us die. And with that, I say "you first!"

We had sorta the same issue up here with some spotted owl. Seems like it can only live in one place, right in the middle of a forest purchased for tree removal (not clear cutting). So the enviro folks raised a stink. In the end, turns out the spotted owl can live elsewhere.

But a good song came out of it, something about "They can wipe thier butts with a spotted owl"

These are the same idiots who used to take their vessels out into the OpAreas of SSBN's to interfere with test-firings of ICBM's from our submarines.

Ironically enough, one of Greenpeace's founders, Patrick Moore, is now a huge proponent of nuclear power.

Andy,

Thanks for that article. Very informative. And I agree'd with all of his statements, especially the part where if diplomacy doesn't work regarding nuclear, then force can be used. Its refreshing to hear someone who understand just how bad it is getting. Seattle is working on that right now, excepct its with our portland cement producers. Were working on ways to reduce not only the CO2, but all the other carcinogens that are produced during manufacture. Alternative fuels, reducing the amount of portland cement per yard with other materials, and a host of other scenarios. Articles like this, and what were doing here, will never see mainstream. And that just sucks!

I don't see any difference between GreenPeace crews trying to disable/damage ships and a common criminal.

That's because there really isn't one. I saw the previews for it on Hulu and it PO'd me even in just that 15 second glimpse for the reasons you mention.

This is why the French Foreign Legion blew up a greenpeace ship.

Which is the bigger menace to society, peta or greenpeace ?

And in addition to my "Me too!" to the above posts, why don't these greennuts put the same effort into helping starving and endangered <I><B>PEOPLE</B></I> as they now put into saving animals? Oh, I know: people bad; animals good.

I remember watching a comedy act, I think by Jim Gaffigan, with a quote along the lines of......"Do you know what they do to those pigs??" "No, but whatever it is, its DELICIOUS!!!"

Green Peace should be thought of as Green Peace Inc. They operate no differently than any company. They do R&D to determine which causes will generate the most revenues, an example of that was the Newfoundland seal hunt which they considered very marketable due to the cuteness of the seal pups. They dream up marketing names, the coast mountains here in BC are simply called The Coast Range. Green Peace invented the name The Great Bear Rainforest to encourage gullable Europeans to donate money to stop logging. The people who go door to door around here are not volunteers, they get the first $5 of every donation, if you give $10, they keep half of it. If you look at the resumes of the people who run these organizations they have never had a real job, one where they make something or provide a service, they are paid professional protesters.

Latest posts