Graphics adapter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Reeves

Reaction score
I upgraded my older HP A620N to Win7. Now I want to upgrade my standard VGA graphics adapter so I can select my original screen savers. I need a newer video card or one that is compatable with direct 3D. Is this do-able? What card do I need. Any suggestions?[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
So nothing changed on the computer except you upgraded the OS to Windows 7, correct? If thats the case, then it may just be a matter of installing a proper driver for the display adapter.

*correction: looked up your system specs, the current video chip is intergrated and not been updated in sometime. You can add a video card to it, it will need to be an AGP card and to make compatiblity easier, it will need to be at least an Nvidia 7300 or better OR and AMD hd2400 or better. Remeber it needs to be AGP not PCI-E.

USN-ret,

Toastem is correct.

Your HP pc has it's video on the Motherboard, however you do have a AGP 8X expansion card slot. Just buy a compatible video card that fits your budget and plug it in, and load the drivers You can disable the on-board video through the CMOS settings.

Good luck.

...Rich

I don't think that will work because it is a PCI Express card and will not fit in a AGP 8X video slot.

Also, I personally would not buy used PC parts on eBay.....way too many scammers on eBay. I have not bought or sold anything on eBay in over 8-9 years.

Here are a few new video cards on Amazon.com that are better than that used eBay card:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=agp+video+card+8x&tag=googhydr-20&index=electronics&hvadid=29585085078&hvpos=1s2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=187094750728476963&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6a0qruykfr_b

Just pick one that fits your budget... I buy a lot from Amazon and they have a much better reputation for honesty and reasonable prices.

You should also check at www.tigerdirect.com for "AGP 8X Video Cards". I tried but their website is having some problems right now?? I also buy a lot of computer gear from TigerDirect, and they have all the brand names at reasonable prices too.

...Rich

Latest posts