GPS?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Hey Y'all, my '07 Ltd. has the 6 disk cd/radio in it with Sirus. No navigation. Is there any gps in my vehicle from the factory if so equipped?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

I believe there was a post earlier this week about a member upgrading theirs for around a $1000 yes One Thousandish! :fire:

Its on the swap and sell board, posted by Wootdog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with an aftermarket NAV system in my '07. It was cheaper, more features and you can still use the factory steering wheel controls with an adapter. I got everything from Crutchfield.com.

My '10 came with factory nav and maps are way out of date. I'm not paying $200+ for its updates when I can use Waze app or buy a separate GPS for less that half the price with lifetime of free updates.

Just my take,

A good newer model TomTom GPS with free Map Updates for life is a bargain for $100-$150 and is hard to beat, since you can move it from vehicle to vehicle and not have to buy a new one.

I have owned about 4 TomTom GPS units over the past 8-9 years. From the cheapest to the more expensive, they all worked great. I only had one fail after about 6-7 years.

One of the nicer features of a portable GPS like a TomTom is you can take it with you when traveling and use it in a rental car, bike rides, and even walking tours...and you will never get lost in a strange town. You can always find a restaurant, hospital, gas station, etc. Yes, you can do that with most smartphone map/navigation systems, but some of their maps are so old and out-dated that they are more confusing than helpful....And they also use up a lot of Data and that often cost more than a mobile GPS device.

...Rich

Latest posts