GPS- Black Friday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Allright everyone, before you stuff your face with mashed potatoes and a turkey, I have a quick question. Since Black Friday is here and it seems that there are good deals out there. I was looking at a Garmin Nuvi 200 @ Wal Mart for 97 and the Garmin Nuvi 205 @ Best Buy for 119.99, and im seriously split. I dont know which one would be better. Does anyone have one of these or know about them? Also, do the 200 or 205 show the elevation, or is that standard for all GPS's?

Thanks everyone, Happy early Thanksgiving Day

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have either one of those, but I do have the TomTom One. Love it. Sears has the 3.5" screen one for $99. Gonna get one for my dad for Christmas. I downloaded Ozzy's voice for mine and it cracks me up. He even tells you to "go to the end of the road and turn the F%#k around". (I change it when the kids are in the car :D);)

Last edited by a moderator:
For a little more you can get a factory refurbished with warranty from MegaGPS. I have a Nuvi 680. You can do better than Best Buy prices. As models go up, so do the features. Best thing about mine is the traffic service and re-routing. Must have a subs for the traffice service and the FM module that is part of the power cord. My 680 came with it and a year sub.

Give me a history lesson. How did it come tobe called black friday? Just an odd name being tied to Christmas shoping...:blink:

Bud is correct, it is sometimes referred to as green friday in the retail world itself though. (I spent several years working retail yuck!)

Got my wife a Garmin Nuvi widescreen model for under $200 a few weeks ago. It has text to speech and is the 600 series model. Very nice GPS. I recommend the Nuvis.

Jim Rice, no, you don't have to subscribe to a service.

TJR

The Nuvi 200 does not have an altimeter.

clock, compass, estimated arrival time, speed, distance to destination, distance to turns, time to destination, (trip) time moving, (trip) time stopped, (trip) overall average speed, (trip) average moving speed, (trip) maximum speed, (trip) total time

I have a tom tom one, go for the 4,3 screen.

mine has the old 3.5 inch screen, works great

for the most part.

not sure about the elevation, haven't checked.

Latest posts