Got The ST back from the dealer today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
So the replaceced the tranny and the bill was 4132.56, and that was for a manufactured one. does that seem high? Not really concered about it b/c i had a warrenty so it only cost me 50.00. and i DO NOT RECOMEND FUTER FORD OF CORNCORD. customer service sucked no call back had it two extra days and dint tell me until i called to go and pick it up. i will now be going to walnut creek for from now on.

A full rebuild on the 2000 tranny was $1,800.00 with all upgraded parts, new torque converter, solenoid pack, clutches, etc. 4G's is outrageous.

Tom

Ford's rebuilt tranny costs about $3500, and comes with a 3-year warranty. Don't know if that includes labor and fluids.

A private shop will rebuild mine for $1600 plus fluids and tax, with no particular warranty that I know of. I figure that if their job doesn't last at least I can have them rebuild it a second time and still pay less than the cost of ordering the Ford. My tranny is slipping in the 1-2 upshift and also has the O/D flashing light, so I'll be taking it there soon.