Got into a accident

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Runals

Reaction score
So yesterday I rear ended someone, yes my fault. First ever I got into an accident where it was my fault. I was looking around because it was such a nice day, turned my head forward and noticed that there was a stopped car in front of me, OOOPPSSS! Slammed on the brakes and turned the wheel. Clipped the back left part of the car and then I went up onto the median where my car stopped perfectly in the middle of the median. 1 more foot left I would have been on the on coming traffic lane. I got out of my truck and noticed WOW that poor Toyota Corilla bumper is all jacked up. Her back bumper was smashed in, trunk up, dent on left back fender. I'm thinking on no how is the truck's front going to look like?!?! After making sure the young lady was okay I took a look at my front end. WOW almost nothing. The passenger turn lamp was busted and as you can tell by the picture there is a dent in the fender but nothing too major. I took it to a shop today to just make sure there was nothing wrong with the suspension. The inner tie rods needed to be replaced before the accident and their replacement is now expedited. The ball joints and everything seemed to hold together very well. I will try to replace the inner rods myself, not too hard right?

0e65d5a763b31f142aeba749cccc33bd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there, done that! Made me sick to my stomach.

Shop found damage on the wheel and a very small cut in the tire. Insurance got me a new wheel and tire too. I would have never noticed.

Been there-done that last November with my 2007 ST.

Thought the little Toyota had gone .Smashed the rear end ,trunk lid up in the air.

Never been so mad at myself.Two old folks in the Toyota forgave me right a way.

I am 78 years young my self. Never had an accident before. Hardly a mark on my beloved ST.

Hope you get over it.

I guess it is show snd tell time. Yesterday evening I spilled hot coffee on me .Then I ran into the garage door. The trac is ok, but it took an 8# sledge to make the door work,,:banghead:

I guess it is show snd tell time. Yesterday evening I spilled hot coffee on me .Then I ran into the garage door. The trac is ok, but it took an 8# sledge to make the door work,,:banghead:

Were you driving by feel again Eddie? :cheeky:

Coffee caused the double click too? LOL

Steve, I guess I did a double click.. What happened was a free cup of starbucks. I park about 2foot from the door, under a carport When the coffee spilled. I let off the brake and forgot to place the trans in park.

Yup felt like a dummy...........:banghead::cry:

Latest posts