Got A New Job

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
I went to the job fair at L-3 Communications this morning and they made me an offer :D

I start on 01/12/09......I'll be wiring up the panels they use on their aircraft and other devices the company produces.

Can't wait to get back to work, was getting worried with how the economy is and the lack of jobs that are available and with my age for how hard it is to find someone that will hire someone over 50.

Anyway, just wanted to share this info with yall :)

Congrats

Same here, retired, got bored,started a new buis in the retirement village I live in.

40 bux an hr plus materials,have more work than I can handle:)

[Broken External Image]:

Thx Paul, Bill and Gerald.....

Congrats Bill....I bet you do keep busy and have lots of work....plus working for yourself, you can't get laid off which is a major plus with the way things are today.

It for sure will be a happy new year :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Mike and Fred.....

Since I was laid off on Nov. 12th and I joined about 30 online job hunter websites, it's been a real pain searching all the listings. Most jobs I was finding around here for manufacturing jobs were only paying between 8-10 bucks an hour. I have been on only one other interview since then.

L-3 offered me more money than I was making on my last job and now I'm real happy they did lay me off. :D Besides, I was getting tired of having to wear a 'bunny suit' while working in that damn cleanroom. :D

Awesome getting a job as an old person! I retired at the age of 48 (yes, 48 years old) with 31 years of service (I started when I was 17) to AT&T. I sold cars for a while, got tired of that and I'm now a Sales Manager at Staples in Roswell, GA. If an OLD man like me (53) can get back to work, anyone can!

Thanks guys.....

To me, it seemed forever landing another job. Spent everyday and night scanning all the online sites and filling out job apps.

I was sweatin it with my age, which I'll be 55 on Monday 12/15 :eek: Plus not having a degree or any military exp, I figured it would be that much tougher.

Anyway, thanks for all your support. :cool:

Congrats!!!

I was let go on Nov 19, and I am still in serious funk over it. I have never been in this position before and it is rather depressing.

Thx Chad, I know how you feel. I've been let go a few times with other jobs, but with the way things are now it seems harder to find a decent job and one that is willing to pay a fair wage.

UI benefits just don't cut it with house payments and bills. I wiped out my entire savings the time before last when I was let go and didn't find a job for 3 months.

Two hot sites to be signed up with are Monster and Indeed......I got connected with L-3 thru Indeed.

Good luck with your search.

Also, you might check with your local aerotek.com office. They are pretty good in helping you find a job and get you appointments. They don't charge you anything since the employer pays them.

Your right Eddie......this is the worst time of year to get laid off and have to spend time looking for another job vers enjoying the holidays.

The majority of my fellow coworkers that got laid off from Celerity are still looking. Several transfered here from the CA office, hadn't been here very long....some where both spouses worked for the same company, got kids.....now out of work. It really makes it rough for the whole family. Sad :(

My note to Chad: Don't let it get you down, I know exactly how you feel. I'm sure you will find another job and prob you'll be surprised that you will find a better job than you had before.

Thx Nelson.....I've really investigated L-3's website and see they do have some major contracts awarded this year. With the economy in the shitter, I doubt it will have much affect on them vers many of the other companies out there. They are hiring like crazy here in TX.

Latest posts